Specialized Treatment Facility encourages positive family involvement and has developed this visitation policy for the residents of the Facility. The policy is designed to promote visitation of the residents and to provide a safe environment for visitors, residents, and staff. Following the procedure outlined below, residents are permitted to have visits with approved visitors, and/or to go on therapeutic leave with approved visitors (e.g. leave campus for a specific period of time).
- All visits must be scheduled through the clinician assigned to the resident. These visits must be scheduled prior to the day of the visit to ensure proper staff is informed of the visit and to ensure the availability of the resident. Any resident on restriction or on a sick day will not be allowed a visit. If visitation has not been arranged through the assigned clinician, the visit will not be permitted.
- Visits are permitted during weekdays and weekends. Visits on-campus may be up to one hour in length. Visiting hours are 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. As residents progress through the level system, families will be encouraged to take residents on off-campus/home passes which will provide a longer visitation time.
- Only guardians and immediate approved family members listed on the residents’ contact form can visit the resident. Girlfriends, boyfriends, or friends are not allowed to visit the residents while at STF, even if they are in the presence of the guardian or immediate approved family members. Any visitor under the age of 21 must be accompanied by an adult and will not be allowed past the visitor room in the Administration Building. Former residents may not visit current residents unless approved by the Treatment Team. These cases will be examined on an individual, case-by-case basis.
- Visitors are not permitted to bring food or drink to the visit, as the dietary needs of all residents are met by STF staff.
- Visitors are to use the security entrance located on the east side of the Administration Building. Visitors must leave purses, bags, coats, jackets, beepers, and cell phones in their car or with security.
- Medication, alcohol, prescription drugs, illegal drugs, inhalants, drug paraphernalia and tobacco products of any sort are strictly prohibited during the visits.
- Weapons or objects that can be used as a weapon are not allowed in the facility (i.e. knives, fingernail files, letter openers, glass cutters, soda cans, cigarette lighters, matches).
- Residents may not have therapeutic leave (i.e. off-campus visits) during their initial fourteen (14) days following admission to the facility. On-campus visits by the resident’s guardian or family member(s) may be permitted at the discretion of the Treatment Team.
- Any clothing or personal possessions brought to the resident must be checked in through security. Items will be held in security until Resident Living staff can inventory the items.
- The use of any type of recording device by the visitor is prohibited (including, but not limited to, photographic, camera phones, digital, audio and/or video).
- The Facility utilitizes surviellance cameras to monitor and video record select areas throughout the campus for the safety of its residents, staff and visitors.
To schedule a visit or for more information, please contact the Facility.